General Service Technician
Beach Auto Care has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Panama City Beach, FL.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Beach Auto Care's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
We are visiting from Illinois and the check engine light came on in our vehicle. I stopped in and spoke to Josh, explained that my code reader indicated a faulty O2 sensor. Josh explained what could cause this code and suggested a diagnostic be done before simply changing parts. Diagnostic was done, sensor changed and we are back on the road. Great staff from Josh, to the office staff, to the technicians. Highly recommend.
Al Kubon, 01/11/2024
l decided to have Beach Auto Care rebuild my transmission after talking with Josh, the manager. You will feel confident I'm sure, in having Beach Auto Care do your auto repairs. The office staff is friendly & knowledgeable and their mechanics are top notch and provide quality service. l will not hesitate to bring my car back to Beach Auto Care for any future repairs, and will recommend Beach Auto Care to all my friends and family.
Jessi Howard, 11/09/2021
The service was awesome. Dealing with the service manager and office folks was a real pleasure. They gave me a perfect diagnosis, and repaired my truck at a reasonable price. I've used them several times and have nothing but good things to say.
Curtis Roach, 12/08/2021